The year in brief
- RUAG posted slightly higher net sales of CHF 1,781 million in 2014 compared to the previous year (CHF 1,752 million). Net profit grew by CHF 8 million to CHF 102 million.
- Civilian business accounted for 57% of net sales, and the share of foreign sales reached 63% – both figures new highs.
- All five divisions operated profitably and contributed to the positive Group result. The largest EBIT gains occurred at the Space (+ CHF 9 million), Aviation (civil and military aircraft MRO: + CHF 6 million) and Ammotec (small-calibre ammunition: + CHF 6 million) divisions.
- Outlays for research and development rose to a total of CHF 140 million (CHF 132 million). This is in line with the target of around 8% of total sales.
- The Group’s total headcount decreased to 8,114 as at 31 December 2014 (8,241). Together with a simultaneous increase in net sales, it indicates a gain in productivity in line with the Operational Excellence programme.