As an IT specialist (m/f), you can make a difference at RUAG. On the one hand, we are an international, diversified technology company with a cutting-edge digital infrastructure; we work agile and networked. On the other hand, many of our services are completely or partly of a digital nature. This does not just mean that nearly every technology field in which we operate, each jet, each satellite is solely computerised and connected to a high degree. It means that we develop and market industry-leading digital products and services in the areas of simulation and training, as well as cyber security. Which is why we need IT architects and software developers, system administrators and Web application developers, UX and interaction designers – in short, specialists of all kind – and place top priority on the high quality of our IT apprenticeship.
What you do
IT specialists work in the fields of planning, installation, operation and maintenance of IT systems and applications. You address hardware and software from single and networked systems, as well as systems for capturing, transmitting and monitoring. You are an expert for programming tasks, and support users at their workstations.
- Working at the IT Specialist workstation as a user, with insight into typical applications
- Maintaining and managing IT systems in the areas of hardware and software
- Basic skills in installation, and technology for connecting, measuring and testing
- Installing IT workstations and putting them into service, with configuration of user programs
- Isolating and rectifying operation errors and defects
- Working in the areas of system installation and configuration, and performing maintenance, updates and troubleshooting
The four-year apprenticeship includes two days per week at the vocational college, as well as at the vocational school of professional maturity, which prepares you for professional certification.
Training locations RUAG Aviation
Training locations RUAG Defence