RUAG surveillance experts are responsible for the maintenance of the Swiss Air Defence Ground Environment FLORAKO, amongst others, Airport Surveillance Radars (ASR) and Precision Approach Radars (PAR). In addition, the Surveillance Competence Center possesses technology competencies in primary (PSR) and secondary surveillance radar (SSR) as well as newer ADS-B and multilateration technologies.
Surveillance Systems Solutions
Our areas of expertise at a glance:
- Core competence: Maintenance of complex systems (maintenance, repair and overhaul, updates and upgrades)
- Studies, analyses, consultancy
- Project management and support
- Mechanical engineering work
- Observation of development in radar technologies and radar market
- Services from the installation to the validation and operation of a system
- Integration and specific radar testing
- Monitoring of radar sensor data quality
- Logistics services
Surveillance Systems MRO
We offer a full spectrum of modern maintenance services for various radar and radio systems. Our services include the maintenance of antenna drive mechanism, electronic as well as hydraulic rotating joints, rotary encoders, cooling circuits and air conditioners, centralized lubrication systems, etc. We support our clients on site in various tasks. We develop the optimal maintenance strategy for each system.
We determine the current state of a system, e.g. by means of vibration measurements, oil analyses and HF measurements.
By planning and carrying out service measures, we ensure high operational safety, availability and reliability as well as profitability of the systems.
We do professional repair work on entire systems as well as on small assemblies.
Through various improvement measures, we increase the safety and reliability of the system e.g. by improving the tribological system.
We support our clients throughout the entire life cycle of a system (planning, procurement, use, disposal).